Peanut Butter & Fruit French Toast
Mornings can be tough when it is cold outside, start the day off right with the perfect breakfast. A special treat any day of the week, this french toast recipe allows you to be creative and get your peanut butter fix too.This Recipe features our Original Cinn Peanut Butter - Order it Here!
Author: Wagon Trail Foods
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk or milk subsitutute
- 1 dash of vanilla
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 banana sliced ⅛ to ¼ inch thick (other fruit options listed below)
- 4 tablespoons of Nut Fusions Original Cinn Peanut Spread
- In a pie pan, lightly beat the egg, milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of Original Cinn on each bread slice. Place slices of banana on two of the slices of bread. Place the other slices on top to make a sandwich.
- Heat a skillet or grill at medium heat, use a cooking spray or coconut oil to lubricate the skillet surface.
- Place a "sandwich" in the egg mixture, flip it over so that egg mixture is on both sides and place this dipped sandwich into the skillet. Do the same with the second "sandwich". Grill on both sides until desired brown is achieved.
- Cut each sandwich in half. Butter then sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with the breakfast meat of your choice.
- Fruit Options: Think of fruits that blend well with cinnamon. Apples, pears, blueberries, etc. These can replace the banana used in this recipe. If using any crunchy fruit such as apples, if you prefer them not crunchy either steam or saute' lightly the slices to soften them.