Nut Fusions BBQ Sauce
Author: Kellie Hill, The Right Plan
- 1 onion
- 2 Tbsp ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Nut Fusion Original Cinnamon Peanut Butter
- Finely chop onion, mince ginger and garlic. Allow to rest 5-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan sauté onion and ginger in coconut oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add all ingredients except Nut Fusion Original Cinnamon Peanut Butter.
- Bring to boil stirring regularly. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Add Nut Fusion Original Cinnamon Peanut Butter and blend well.